CHANGES

I am not currently maintaining this blog.
Please visit http://www.stacymcanulty.com/blog/ instead.

THANKS!

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Things I Learned Today - Staying Mad, Snap-Crackle-Pop, and "Closing Time"

Here's what I've learned today.

1. I can stay mad without much dissipation over time. Have you even found out one of your kids did something wrong and then you had to wait until they got home from school to blow up? It happens. It gets resolved. Life goes on. But my mad-meter did not waver all day.

2. About the Rice Krispies Trio: Snap and Pop appear to have the same barber while Crackle seems to have a starfish on his forehead. My kids pointed this out at breakfast.

 3. The song "Closing Time" is about childbirth. I learned that one from an interview with Dan Wilson on NPR. It's about being sent from the womb, hence this line "This room won't be open till your brothers or your sisters come"

No comments:

Post a Comment