CHANGES

I am not currently maintaining this blog.
Please visit http://www.stacymcanulty.com/blog/ instead.

THANKS!

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Trying to Get Through to my Children

I'm always looking for new ways to get through to my three children. (Speaking to them in a calm, level voice never seems to work.) And since our house is a constant Frozen sing-along, I thought I'd try to communicate in their favorite language. AKA: Disney-speak.

One of the popular quotes from the movie is...
"Hi, I'm Olaf and I like warm hugs!"

And my ten year old drew this picture of the memorable character and line...
Hi, I'm Olaf and I like warm hugs.


And now here are my attempts to convey basic life skills with the kindness and clarity of Olaf.

Hi, I'm bed and I love to be made.




Hi, I'm toothbrush and I liked to be used 3 times a day.


Hi, I'm your dog and I love to be fed.




Hi, I'm TV and these are my buddies iPad and iTouch. And we aren't nearly as cool as BOOK.





Hi, I'm vacuum (we've never met) and I love to eat Legos.




Hi, I'm banister and I think you've confused me with coat rack.


Hi, I'm shoes and I just want to go home (to the closet.) 
Wait a second... those are my shoes.


1 comment:

  1. Stacy, I've been heavily researching agents lately and found my way to your blog (happy I did!) and when I saw this, I cracked up! First---your 10-year-old has a future in illustration---NOT kidding! :) And these notes are just SO clever. LOVE this! :D

    ReplyDelete